Monday, December 7, 2015

Up Before the Chickens

Up Before the Chickens


You may not like to be up before the chickens but I like to think that I am the one who wakes them up. We have a neighbor who has some yard birds. There are at least two roosters in the bunch. I don’t hear them crow before I had been up a little while. That family must get plenty of eggs from all those hens. 

K-Dog no longer has a fit over the neighbors back yard farm at least not until the little dogs are out. They must have three or four little dogs. We jokingly say that K-Dog goes over to that side of the yard to argue politics with them. They do get loud at times. 

I think that I figured out what was really going on when I tried to talk with that neighbor dude myself. I like to be on good terms with my neighbors. It’s just a good thing to do. Seems that he knows very little English. Maybe the dogs are having the same difficulty. When I found myself up against the language barrier I simply smiled and told him bye and went back to what I was doing. So much for that.

It reminded me of a day at the grocery store. I was working, minding my own business, serving my customers. Then I was thrusted into a situation where I had to help a guy that didn’t speak English. Why me? I don’t know. He went on and on about what I did not understand at all. Many times I tried to tell him that I could not understand what he was saying. Even then he insisted that I was fluent in Spanish. When I explained that to him clear enough that he believed me. He finally got so upset with me and said, “No EspaƱol!?!?” to that I returned with, “No English!?!?”

You hear the argument often enough about the importance of knowing the language of the country you live in. Well, I side on the side of freedom versus consequences. My opinion is that if you choose not to learn the language you also choose to be limited in the society. With patience, there is a way around it, I suppose, but it is a bit rough.

I am glad that at JerkyDude.net Spanish is available to those who don’t know English. Even if I am little help, Spanish speakers can work that business. 


I remember when we lived in a community where there were many Spanish only folks. There was venders pushing little carts through the neighborhoods selling ice cream and other goodies. I wonder how well they could sell jerky too.  

Do you enjoy my blogs as much as I do writing them? Please considering helping us out by ordering 2 bags of jerky each month. This way you get a tasty treat every month and we get helped too. As an added bonus, you will be able to sign up your friends and get paid as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment