Friday, December 25, 2015

It's Christmas Today so I'll Mow Tomorrow

It’s Christmas Today so I’ll Mow Tomorrow

Who besides me would spend any time Christmas day on the computer? Nevertheless, here I am. 

I had been noticing a few smart aleck weeds as they welcome us home from where ever we came back from. They wave in the breeze in the front yard, taunting me. If I can get out of mowing I will and they seem to know it. Here it is, December twenty fifth and the yard needs to be mowed. Welcome to Texas.

I can mow front and back in about thirty minutes. It’s just that I rather not have to. At least I can say that K-Dog is not having trouble as he makes his rounds through the back yard weeds. The weather has warmed up enough that I am sure that we will be seeing our little kitty cat neighbor stalking her invisible prey through the front yard near the living room windows. K-Dog uses this opportunity to tell her off as she dares to cross his window. Not to worry, she can’t get to him. He knows that he is safe.

The weather is nice enough. The sun is shining. It may be warm enough to keep the back door open later on. K-Dog loves the freedom of being able to go out the door and back in as he pleases. Honest to truly, I think it is only a matter of time before our little kitty cat neighbor boldly comes into the house.

Looking out the back window I dream of the times when the family would gather and I would be cooking burgers on the grill. Those are my favorite kind of days. Grand kids running and screaming, giggling as they chase each other through everywhere they can. K-Dog would love to be part of that but he is too big and they are too small. 

There has to be an excuse for me to get out of mowing. I’ll check out the weather forecast online. Well! It’s suppose to rain later today and tomorrow as well.

No mowing for me!

How much fun can you stand?


No comments:

Post a Comment