Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hot Date at Toyota!

Hot Date at Toyota!

The indicator light on the dash is telling us that it is high time we took the car in for scheduled maintenance. It didn’t fit my schedule but it had to be done. There are places where we could go and have the oil changed in half an our or less. For now, we have free service at Toyota. Free, yes, but it was two hours I would have much rather had spend at home.

Well, at least I have my sweetie with me to share in this great adventure. The room was filled with people who were just as anxious to be anywhere else as we were. 

I see an interesting car over yonder. Maybe I can walk out side and look it over. “If you do, someone will get your seat.” she cautioned me. I am not sure what is worse, sitting here wishing I could go walking around or walking around just to come back to find my chair taken. She is my date and I wouldn’t take kindly to see some jack donkey sitting by my sweet.

Ok, I sit and squirm. My mind wonders all over the dealership as I try not to fuss about it. She is looking at her phone. I guess I can find something interesting on mine. Punch a button and squint at the little screen. It was a good thing that I had my glasses with me. If I wasn’t so lazy about it, I would fish them out of my pocket and put them on.

There sat a little annoyed Hispanic woman at the table with us. I didn’t ask her what she was in for because I didn’t know what I would be in for if I asked her what she was in for so I didn’t ask. 

A chest cold is still giving me fits from time to time. It’s a lot better that it was. What do you bet that is why the little annoyed Hispanic woman got up and sat somewhere else. Oh well, big deal, who cares?

Just how many captives are here with us? Believe it or not, my tendency to count anything and everything when I am bored in such a situation stayed home without me. I’m sure that there must have been thirty folks there. Good thing that there were no screaming kids. I would have been one of them myself. There is a TV playing some mindless show. I don’t know which one but I am glad to be where we cannot see the screen. Even if we wanted to watch that nonsense we would not be able to hear it over the noise. We sat near the bell. Every time a car would go over this tube outside the bell would wake me up. It may be more bearable if I could sleep through this whole thing. 

What would really be great is if we had a case filled with jerky to share. Believe you me, that would have been fun!

I want to go home and write a blog or two. Maybe there will be some folks who will sign up with us at JerkyDude.net .  Every month my goal is ten. I’ll let you know when that actually happens.

It’s the greatest business that I have ever seen. The jerky is very good! The price ain’t too shabby. I like the website that comes free with the jerky. Everything is so open and easy to understand. Would you join me?

How much fun can you stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment