Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Glasses

Glasses

Paw Paw has to wear glasses now. I’ve never had to before. I’m not sure how long ago it was when I started needing them. If I’m going to read anything, they make it easier for me. I’ll tell you now, I don’t like to have to wear them and vanity has nothing to do with it. As a fact, I think they make me look like one smart grandpa. Thing is, they make me dizzy if I wear them while I am walking through the house.

To keep from losing them, I have many pair in snatching range from anywhere. Each one has its very own station. I can misplace one and still have the others. I can snatch up one from almost any room. I want them handy and I don’t want to lose them.

My sweet gave me a string that attaches to the ear pieces of my glasses. I have to put it back on these that I have on now. It is handy! I can walk around with my glasses dangling from my neck. Wherever I go, there they are bouncing on my belly. As long as I don’t touch the lenses I’m fine.

The time I least like to have to wear glasses is when I am cooking. At the same time this is when they come in most useful. It wouldn’t be a good thing to put cinnamon in the chili thinking it was paprika. I need to have them on while cooking but I forget to. With my hands covered in food particles I go after my closest pare of glasses so that I can make sure the sour cream is still fresh. I know that I must have dropped something on the floor on the way because K-Dog is happy about something that he is licking off the kitchen floor. As we watch TV later he will likely stink up the room reminding us of his good fortune. 

If I wear my glasses with the dangle string when I cook, that may be best. Maybe. There are a couple of hazards that go along with that. One time I had to keep them out of what I was mixing so I put them on. I got flour in my eye and biscuit dough on my lenses and my hands were sticky and covered in stuff. My wife was laughing at me from the other side of the room. Who needs TV, right?

  
Do you like jerky?
Try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment