Thursday, December 10, 2015

Goal Mine

Goal Mine

Well. it’s that time of year again. How well did you do? Time to look over every goal for the passed year. What goals were reached and which goals were not? Somethings were put on the back burner and others met their demise in the garbage disposal. Some goals were unrealistic. I’m not too shy to admit it. Some goals I didn’t even try for. Anything like that for you too?

We haven’t had Christmas yet but the whole idea of setting goals for 2016 is a big thing for me. Sure as sugarplums, if I don’t set goals I may as well do nothing but watch TV. Is it the same for you?

Sometimes I watch as our little kitty cat neighbor walks passed the front window. We don’t know where she came from and have no idea where she is off to. One funny thing for sure is that that cat always look like she is stocking prey that no one can see. The neighbors keep her fed. She wears a flea collar too.

Have I told you about our big kitty cat neighbor? K-Dog stands in his look out spot and barks a warning to it. “You better not come over here!!” He can say that with all of the boldness he can muster because that cat prefers to stay in the yard with its two big dog buddies. One day that cat sat near the back fence, just to get K-Dog all flustered. That must be a favorite cat game because I saw another cat do that from a different fence at another time. That dog went nuts.

Speaking of nuts. The neighborhood squirrels have been busy! They seem to have a goal in mind. They are gathering up all of the nuts for winter. Winter in Texas is about two weeks long and it isn’t all at the same time. Hibernation for these squirrels is only a suggestion yet they get ready for what ever may come. 

That is what goal setting is all about. Proverbs 22:3 (NLT) A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

I’ll have to revisit what did and what didn’t work in 2015. Is there anything I can do better? Is there anything new that I can do? 

We have been thinking about working flea markets. I have never done that before. Maybe a good idea and maybe we can do it. That would be a great way to sell jerky!  There are other venders who may want to buy cases too. The strength of JerkyDude.net is in building a network. Sure, we can turn a profit in a flea market booth with it but I rather build a network. What do you think? We could sell something else and sell jerky samples and giving information about networking. Perhaps I can put that on a sign as well. 

I had heard that it is better to shoot for the moon and miss than it is not to try at all. Sounds silly to me. Maybe I don’t understand it right. Whatever, I like to say that it is better to set 10 goals and succeed at 3 than it is to not set goals at all.

Do you enjoy my blogs as much as I do writing them? Please considering helping us out by ordering 2 bags of jerky each month. This way you get a tasty treat every month and we get helped too. As an added bonus, you will be able to sign up your friends and get paid as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment