Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Mysterious Will of God

The Mysterious Will of God



Have you ever heard anyone say that you can’t know God’s will for us as individuals? I know I have. Some have the idea that God has a plan for each of us yet He wants to keep us from knowing what it is. Can you see how silly that is? When I was a kid and if my dad took me out to the front yard and said nothing, I would probably go back into the house and watch Scooby Doo. Doesn’t it make sense that he would give me instructions? What was I to do, pick up litter, mow, rake leaves…? Sure you could argue that I should know by looking at the yard what needs to be done but if your teenager was as up on what was going on you would never have to take him out to the yard to figure it out. 

In reading the Bible there are many passages that talk about work and the responsibility we have to care for our families, charity, and regular giving at church.  The verse that continues to come to my mind is 1 Timothy 5:8. Preparation for the unforeseen is important as well because this too has to do with providing for the family. 

With my whole heart I believe that it was God’s will that I work a job 22 years to provide for my family. Now at the age of 57 I still believe that it is God’s will that I continue to provide for them. No matter what I believe in my heart about it I must consult the rest of my members as I see them less and less able to do whatever I could do when I was younger. There have been days when I would like to give it a shot. If I worked one day like that I would likely sleep the next two. 

Call me picky, but knowing that I have to do something, I am still unwilling to do just anything. I had had my fill of shady business opportunities that bombarded me day after day in Face  Book. When desperation won out over caution I jumped into a few that we could not afford and no one else was interested in joining. In hindsight, there are 2 that I would call shady but most were just too expensive and too hard to promote to every voice that was promoting something else back at me.  

With great frustration I look at the business we have now and ponder what to do with it. Social media is tricky and I don’t know what to do with all that shiitake. I have close to 2,000 friends in Face Book, 1,113 followers in Twitter, 4,076 followers in Pinterest, and there are others. I have made the goofiest You Tube videos just to promote this jerky business. The video I like best seems to be one that nobody likes at all. This one I like so well shows how that Jerky Direct is a lot like a loyalty card that pays you money for getting other to sign up too. 


I have no conference calls to attend. I have no quota to fill. There is no meetings anywhere at any time that I have to attend. I have nothing to do with any of the New Age teaching that is so prevalent in this industry. All I have is 2 bags of jerky in the mail every month, a website and an offer that anyone can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment