Sunday, November 22, 2015

Vision Quest

Vision Quest

I don’t remember how old I was. Some grown friends from church came over to tell me more about their wonderful business opportunity. I was ready to sign up! Thing is, I was a kid and too young to sign up without parents ok. I was indeed too young. There was far more to it than a kid my age could do. I had to sell soap and vitamins. I can’t remember very much about what happened soon there after. Needless to say, it did not last—but I did catch the vision.

I could see friends, and friends of friends, with friends of even more friends, all taking part of something that could impact the lives of thousands an a very good way. There was a catch. There was no way I could convince enough folks that they should add another $100 or more to their already tight, over burdened budgets to take part in anything to do with selling. Selling was considered to be an evil thing.

Is selling an evil thing? Soon I went to work at a store where groceries were soled. My folks went to a dealership where they payed a salesman to sell them a car. My dad had worked for a company where they sold canned meat products to grocery stores. When we moved to Texas, my dad used his selling skills to sell for a blue jean manufacturing company that he was part owner of. My mother sold Avon for a while. Is selling an evil thing?

I met my sweet in high school. Before we married I had another opportunity with another business to do now what I couldn’t do many years before. Once again, I could see friends and friends of friends with friends of even more friends all taking part of something that could impact the lives of thousands an a very good way. There was a catch. Still, how can you convince anyone to spend the $200 a month to buy all of this way over priced stuff and at the same time encourage them that they can find many others who would happily do the same?       

Through the years there have been many other business opportunities that have come my way. Some I tried, others I didn’t want anything to do with. Still I had that same vision but very few others could see what I saw. One of the silliest things I was accused of was that I was doing it only for the money.

Is it an evil thing to do something for money? We have had plumbers come by the house to work on one thing or another. Do you know what? They wanted money for that! Truth be known, I didn’t expect that they would clear the drains because they thought I was one good looking dude. We work for money to pay for things that we would not have if it was not for the money we had to spend on it. In all of the twenty two years of working in a grocery store, I have never seen anyone fill a grocery cart expecting that the manager would let them have it free just because of how nice they looked.   

If there was a business that took less investment and little selling, certainly, that would be the ticket. Can you see a business that is based on a smaller scale like that? Simply buy a small amount of something you like anyway. Why not? If you were buying groceries and had a hankering to start buying a certain thing every week over what you usually buy, wouldn’t you do it? I know I would. What could it be? Could it be ice cream? How about buying a higher cut of meat, would you do that? What if you had friends over every week to play cards. Would you buy extra for that? Of course you would.

This is the part where I tell you about Jerky Direct. Jerky Direct is based on the purchase of two bags of jerky every month. It costs no more than that. That little purchase gets you two bags of a tasty snack, website, and the right to sell the product or build a network or both. Yes, with good conscience I can still see the vision. At fifty seven I can still see friends, and friends of friends, with friends of even more friends, all taking part of something that could impact the lives of thousands an a very good way, can’t you?



No comments:

Post a Comment