Monday, November 2, 2015

After Wally’s we went to Wally’s

After Wally’s we went to Wally’s


Every month K-Dog needs his HartGuard and Frontline. We buy frontline in a three pack so every three months we have to get more. This is one of those months. We get it a Walmart. It’s a bit cheaper there but not by much.

Some time today or soon we have to go get some more of that stuff. I didn’t know when but I knew it was soon. Maybe we will get it tomorrow. I cooked breakfast, drank first coffee and was walking around the house like a happy zombie. I was not very aware of the world around me just yet. I sat down in the office to write my first blog of the day. I found something in the brain fog that looked like a fun topic to write about so I better get it going before I forget it. With second coffee in hand I started off. 

Several minutes passed and I got the main idea down then I heard,  “Terry! Are you about ready to go?” “Yes, just about.” I haven’t shaved or even changed into my jeans yet. I really should wash my hear but then why? We were only taking sweet daughter to school and then back home, right? I can bathe the fat man when we get back home. “Here I come!” Finished off  my coffee, Snatched up my keys, wallet and headed off socks in crocks to get my phone and get K-Dog in the den. “Don’t forget to comb your hair!”

Seems like we were on the way to the car was when I understood that we were going out in public. Nothing I can do about it now I think over what I am wearing. Yeah, I’m dressed right for Walmart. My baggy blue sweats, dirty hair, socks in crocks and an old t-shirt. Here we go.

It was a foggy morning. In some places it looked down right dangerous. “I hope we don’t hit Nessie in this fog.” Some people on the interstate drive stupid any way but now they can’t hardly see where they are going. Now they drive blind and stupid too. 

On our way beck, we stopped at the Walmart close to home.  We found a handy parking spot right in front. The aroma of fried chicken was filling the air promising that the chicken today will not be as nasty as the day before. I rather not eat anything that gross so soon after breakfast. 

I darted out of the car quickly to snatch the closest  buggy for my sweetie. “Here you are My Sweet!” She pushed the cart and reminded me that there was something I wanted to price while we were there. With a blank expression I looked into her beautiful eyes. The card catalog file in my head was going crazy. “What was it? What was it? What was it?” I thought. “You wanted to look at a cord.” That at least got me to the right subdirectory file. “Cord Cord hmmm” Then she said, “For my phone.” “THAT’S RIGHT!”

She headed for the pet care and I went to the electronics. I hate it that they are playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving. After a while of hunting I finally asked a worker where to find it. She almost knew where it was. My search parameters were narrowed from five aisles down to three. I went from one aisle to the next. I think I found where they should be, “Looks like they would be right there if they had any.” I thought. I don’t like this store.

Finding my sweet lady, she told me that they didn’t have the Frontline. I told her that I think her cord was maybe $15. 

The fog was there to greet us as we left the store. “Should we go to a pet store?” “That would be a whole lot more expensive.”  “We are not far from the Walmart we use to shop at.” “It is too far away.” “We can go home and stop at another Wally’s later after we come back from school before lunch.” I knew that would be a no go. “We’ll go to that Walmart after all.” Through the fog, we went to the next town.

As we came in I was happy that they weren’t playing Christmas music there yet. I miss shopping at this Wally’s. I had tried to recruit folks there with another network marketing deal many years ago. I didn’t like that company but even then I knew I had to do something. I don’t know why but I felt like a con with that company. I don’t remember all on the reasons but it just didn’t seem right. At least with Jerky Direct everything is up and up. Not much to it, there are no weird claims like you would find with some vitamin MLMs. I don’t have to hand out cards to folks that will drop them in the parking lot or trash. 

There was a time long ago when I handed out cards that way. I handed one to some jack donkey  who seemed happy to get it. He walked off and I saw it drop to the floor. “Sir, You dropped this.” “Oh! I did! Thank you so much.” Walking off I turned back and saw it fall again. GRRRR!

Anyway, when we got into the store she went one way and found what she was after. I saw a worker there that I remembered from when we were there every Saturday. It was great to see her familiar friendly face. She and I found plenty of cords! I called up my sweet and told her $10. I miss those days when we could say, “Only $10, let’s get it.” 











No comments:

Post a Comment