Wednesday, November 4, 2015

No more cheese?

No more cheese?


This morning I was making breakfast. MacMuffins are one of our favorite school day breakfasts  around here. I had an order for two. Wee daughter had the full blown thing. It was egg, sausage and cheese in a raisin muffin. I didn’t want an egg. Mine was just the muffin and sausage. I reached in to the fridge  to get the cheese and only had cheese for one. Not a problem. I gave it to her. I’m fine without it but it did get me to thinking about something.

We still have reason for optimism in America. I’m not talking about the mindless, PMA, pagan nonsense you hear from time to time. “Speak positive things to the universe and the universe will send good things to you!” I’m talking about the fact that things are not so bad, just yet. There are grocery stores where you can walk into and find more stuff than you need just to be sure that they can sell you something that you are after. We have car dealerships where you can get the car of your liking and hopefully a payment plan you can live with. For now the gas price is not too bad. Have you ever gone into a Home Depot? I know I have many many times. They have paint, lumber, power tools, tool sheds, ceiling fans, dry wall, all manor or plumbing too… You have the idea. I went into a huge Home Depot one time just to buy a rubber flapper for the commode.

There are things headed in the wrong direction. That is obvious. Something has to be done and it is time we stop looking to someone else to do it. What can we do on a limited budget?

On a limited budget we can’t do very much, can we? We must find some way to change our budget limitations to a surplus. The old adage is true. “It takes money to make money.” As you may know, I am a cautious advocate of  network marketing. In theory it’s a great idea. But when it comes to dealing with people the whole thing starts looking weird. You have to find a company you like, trust and can afford. On top of that you have to find others who see your opportunity as something worth their while. More often than I like, I find lots of desperate marketers who are over stressed while pushing a questionable and undefined opportunity and a product almost but not quite guaranteed to be the the answer to all of your ills, pains and prosperity. The thing that really freaks me out is that so many of these companies look more like cults than they do a business. What’s the deal with that? 

Any and every business starts off small and grows from there.  I worked for a grocery business that started with one store and grew so big that you could see them all over the metroplex and then some. They eventually had three different grocery chains and employed thousands. That took a lot of work, time and money.

We shop at a grocery store that has a loyalty card program and a point system that brings down the price of gasoline for their customers. All of this is used to ensure that we continue to buy groceries and gas from them. That is a great idea. We have saved as much as 50c a gallon at lease once. Yes! We will shop there!

I’m going to finish with the main thing I wanted to tell you about. There is a way that you can go into business for yourself for very little money per month. All this company is looking for is loyal “customers” who will buy two bags of their hi quality snacks each month and find others to do the same. Think of it like a loyally card to a grocery store. Instead of only saving your money Jerky Direct will pay you as a way to say, “Thank you for buying our product and finding others who enjoy it as well.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment