Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes.

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes. It was very encouraging to get every one. 

We combined three birthdays along with an early Thanksgiving. What a great day it was. Four happy grand kids were running through the house hollering and laughing. I loved every bit of that! 

Do you like deep fried turkey? I know we do. That bird didn’t stand a chance! It was gone in no time. Being conscientious about my weight I put a smaller amount on my plate. Doctor was not happy with the 7 pounds I had gained. That’s why I made sure that when I went back for more that it was’t for very much. I asked who made the sweet potatoes because when I went back again I had to have someone else to blame other than me. It was so so good! Youngest daughter made the very best mashed potatoes that she had ever made.  Our daughter-in-love brought the green bean casserole, wow! It doesn't get much better than that!    

By now I wanted to be sure that I knew who brought what. It was only good manners to have some of everything. That was even more important when it came to the desserts! My sweet made a dump cake! (you would have to ask her for the recipe) That is a wonderful treat that we all count on. There were pies and more pies and the dump cake and the sweet potatoes. There was lots of whip topping and sweet potatoes. 

I was certain that I hadn’t given any Jerky Direct jerky to my oldest daughter before, so I made sure that she and her family had a bag. 

By the end of the day my sweet’s arm was hurting bad. I was worn out too. “Here, let me rub the knots out my sweet,” I would say. I pray that we can get her to the chiropractor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment