Friday, November 27, 2015

Sugar Crash……

Sugar crash…… 


It was an unexpected blessing when my brother-in-law invited us out for Thanksgiving at Golden Corral. That is a good place to eat. When we go there, that is exactly what I do. It is good to show restraint when it comes to how much you put in your plate. After all, it gets messy when stuff falls onto the floor.

All you can eat is not a competition. At least that was what I told myself when I went back for the third time. He was inspiring to me as I saw how much he ate. I had him on the ropes as I kept going for even more. They had pizza, fried chicken, rolls, onion rings and many other good things. He asked me if the jalapeño was hot. I promised to tell him tomorrow. Sad thing was that there was no chicken fried steak. I wasn’t going to let him win. Who ate the most? I don’t know but we’ll just say that my brother-in-law and I tied. Actually I may have squeezed in a win when it came to desserts.  

While munching down, his wife asked me about JerkyDude.net . I wished that I brought them a bag of jerky. Getting old makes you forget things—what was I talking about?

Diabetes is an evil that many of us have to deal with. I don’t take insulin or any other medicine for it. I “shouldn’t” over eat, but even more especially true when it comes to sweets. Get too much of that and it will knock me right out.


With a belly full of soft serve, cake, and three pieces of fudge …………………….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment