Thursday, October 15, 2015

That will sting for a while.

That will sting for a while.


Have you ever limped away from your computer with battle wounds of frustrations all over yourself? I know I have. Many times I have felt like I have been body slammed by this modern tech monster. The simplest things can seem like an atomic drop or a power-driver when they decide not to work. Maybe I would have done better challenging Rick Flair to a title match. 

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different outcomes is a form of insanity but sometimes it works. I think so. Sometimes it seems to.

I’v got several ideas of blogs I want to write. One of them is very funny. It wasn’t at the time but living through it makes it ok to laugh at. I’ll get to these later I guess.

Today my sweetie wanted to change up her FaceBook wall. She needed me to help. No problem. We can get that done in way less than 15 minutes. Well, maybe not. She wanted some special pictures that I didn’t know where to find them. Believe it or not I found the CD they were on quickly!

Shove that dude in and like Dark-Wing Duck would say, “Lets get dangerous!” Well, it’s in there. It wasn’t showing up in the computer. We couldn’t get the pictures and we couldn’t get the CD out. Trying one thing after another over and over we got different results but none were any help. “Press these 2 buttons and the CD should come out.” I tried that and the machine made an ugly sound. I thought it was laughing at me. I thought about getting the church key while she looked up better ideas from her phone.

After lunch and a trip to DS9 and a ride with Sam and Dean Winchester I was able to get the pictures loaded into the computer. Victory is ours. 

I ought to take it out on a bag of Jerky!


No comments:

Post a Comment