Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fixing the Fix of a Fixed Income

Fixing the Fix of a Fixed Income


Do you know what it’s like to retire just to watch your income stay the same while the cost of living swallows it whole, licks its chops and looks for more? I know we do.

There comes a time in life where you can’t do the things you once did. In some cases there are those who can’t because of what they did made it so that they can no longer do what they did. There are times when I wonder, if I was called on to do another full week’s work at what I once did, could I do it? How about, could I work one day?

It was hard to  break from old habits after I left the store I worked in. When we bought groceries anywhere, I fronted a few shelves. There was a few times that I put mis placed products back to where they went. “You don’t have to do that no more Dude!” I encouraged myself. 

After several kidney operations and many bottles of prescription meds I set out to recapture the glory days of when I could work like I had before. I put applications in many small stores near by. Maybe if I go small I could handle it. I pestered the managers at the 99c store until they printed off the paper work for me to fill out. Before they gave in, I had fronted shelves, condensed front end displays and even serviced a few customers.

That stack of paper was more than a quarter of an inch thick! I couldn’t read many of them because it was poorly printed. By that time, like I said, I had fronted shelves, condensed front end displays and even serviced a few customers. I showed that I meant business. The paper work was massive. I saw a page that said that they had no workman's comp. There was a place where I was expected to sign saying that I was willing to work without that protection. BAD IDEA!

Called for my sweet to come take me home. That back room where I was going over the paper work was about thirty degrees below BRRRRRR! The sun felt nice. My legs were tired and hurting from hanging around the store. It was two days before I was physically over that experience. Still, I was haunted with the thought that that may have been my very last possibility for employment. 

I was encouraged when I found out about Jerky Direct. By that time I had been burned so many times by business offers that I was not wanting to see another one. Excuse me for being gruff but I had enough! It was all I could stand and I couldn’t stand no more! At the same time I knew that we had to do something and doing nothing just made it worse.

We started with two bags of jerky. That was affordable! We  bought a domain name to make it easier. JerkyDude.net All kinds of possibilities played in my imagination. There are things we need to have done around the house. Who doesn’t? There are things we would like to do for our church. Is there anyone you would like to help? I would love to help my mom and dad. I have to sign up a lot more folks before I can do any of that.

Would you like to join the team? This is basic, simple, honest and the jerky is delicious! Sign up and sign up others who sign up even more. It starts with two bags of jerky.





What is a loyalty card?






No comments:

Post a Comment