Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What to do today...

What to do today...

If I could, I would ride my bike to Mott's 5&10.  In a small town there is little excitement other than setting a destination to ride a bike to and back from.  The thing is, I have no bike and Mott's has been gone for a very long time.  Now it's a barber or beauty collage.  Today, if you leave your bike outside a store like that you may be walking home.

Maybe I can get into my VW bug and check out what's new at Gibson's department store.  I have made friends with a man who works there.  I remember the big stack of Living Bibles they had as you walked in.  Thing is, I sold that bug and Gibson's is a fond memory too.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping, into the future.

It is so amazing to see how things have changed over the years.  We had 3 Safeways grocery stores.  Now they are gone.  I watched a place in a shopping center go from Skillern’s to Rexall to movie rental to a fancy hair salon.  Winn Dixie is gone too.  Jewel Osco (became Albertson's) is no more.

With all of this pent up energy I think I will just go clean house.




      

No comments:

Post a Comment