Sunday, January 18, 2015

My heroes have always had kid shows.

My heroes have always had kid shows.  And they still are it seems.  With today’s technology it can be done on the cheap and done fairly well.  I may could do it with what I have.  Cel phone, iMac and some hand made props.  It would be great is I could use it in children's church.

I do write stories for kids.  I love to come up with something new to tell.  My characters get themselves into all kind of problems.  With a little imagination and a lot of hunting and pecking I get it told.

Captain Kangaroo (Bob Keeshan) has to be my favorite kid show.  He had a cast that was always playing tricks on him.  Mr. Greenjeans has his inventions that never worked.  Mr. Moose and his ping pong balls, I watched for that every time.   When you see the Captain with carrots in hand, you knew he wouldn’t have them long.  Bunny Rabbit tricked him in every episode no time flat. 

The thing I most liked is that even with the humor it was a laid back show and even a little educational.  I would love to come up with a show that is like that.  I may be able to do a show more like Gigglesnort Hotel.   Bill Jackson stayed behind his counter.  I could make a stage here at the computer.

Hmmmm…  Would that work?

I need to write more stories and get published….  That has to be done too.

I have a motto for the show.  Every episode should have a Bible lesson.  They should be easy to understand, short enough to keep their attention and repeated a few times in the show. 

It is way passed Paw Paw's bed time.


Good night y'all!


  

1 comment: