Monday, January 5, 2015

The Lost City of Alba Texas

The Lost City of Alba Texas

Our daughter was in a camp in Alba and it is time to go and get her.  GPS in hand and off we go.  “This thing will get us there with pin point accuracy.” I thought proudly.  It took me hours over several days to set this up and I was excited to show my sweet one how smart I was to set this up.

What a drive.  Days in advance I set up GPS on my iPhone.  Did I already say that?  I didn’t want to drive all of the way to East Texas just to get lost looking for Alba.  As we approached our exit off of I 20, GPS said to take one exit while my co-pilot told me to take another.  She had to be wrong because GPS said something different.  I’m not telling her that she was wrong.  That would be a Bozo no-no on a grand scale!  We came closer to GPS’s exit.  “Last chance.”  “NO! We take the next one.”  We went passed as I sang, “Bye Bye Miss American Pie..”

If we get totally lost, I knew GPS could get us where we need to be from anywhere.  I let her instruct me on every turn.  I didn’t like it because she had to be wrong.  We got there with out a problem.  She knew what she was doing and I didn’t.  Or should I say that GPS messed up?

She was right!!  GPS was wrong!!

Dirt roads to the camp sloshed red clay all over the bottom of the car as thorn bushes scratched at the sides we came into camp. 

Now we go home.  No.  We go to the school parking lot in Arlington.  No.  We take her friend home way into Fort Worth.   Road weary, I turned to my most excellent co-pilot and requested, “Chinese Fire Drill?”  I was ready for her to drive.  Her arm was still hurting so I drove on home.

When we got home I checked it out.  Somehow her directions and GPS would come together to the same place.  Nope.  I still don’t understand it.  She was right and GPS was way off.

Next trip I will have it figured out.  Maybe.



Matthew 6:33


[Sugar 125]




No comments:

Post a Comment