Monday, January 19, 2015

Traumatized Dog!

For a fun comparison, my daughter helped me by editing my very poor writing.... Her revision is on the bottom.

My writing:

Traumatized Dog!

Not long ago we had to leave the dog out in the back yard for an extended part of the day.  The weather is not so cold making it just fine.  That silly guy found some nasty and got it on his face.  With wet paper towels, warm water and soap we went to work.  He was a nasty mess. 

When would he be able to get a full bath?  NOT in the tub.  Dog hair down the drain is a bad thing.  It was too cold out side so we had to wait for warmer weather.  Today it came. 

My sweet and I were watching The Librarians when our wee one came with the news.  She wanted to bathe the dog today and right now.   Warm enough, but who wanted to unwrap the spicket, get the garden hose out just to put it up again and rewrap the spicket?  I had to come up with a better way.

We have several empty milk jugs in the garage.  Why?  That will be for another time.  I said, “Fill these with warm water and use them!”  Filled them up and we were ready.

The Librarians were stuck jumping from one time line to another.  What’s worse, they were placed in suspended animation when my sweet lady pushed the pause button.  I wanted to get back in the living room with her to see them through.

Outside I had another idea.  Put the doggie soap in one jug, shake it well and use it that way.  OK, I’m a genius.  It worked very well.

Stake in the ground, dog on a leash, soapy water on his little doggie person and he took it like a frightened little trouper.  I came with rinse water when called.  Suspended animation had the team once more as we rinsed the pooch.

By the way, the Librarians are ok.  They saved the timeline.  All is well.

Whew!!


 Her corrections:


Traumatized Dog!

It wasn't too long ago that my family and I had to leave the dog out in the backyard for an extended part of the day.  The weather was not too cold, so it was just fine.  That silly dog got into some nasty and got it all over him, the stench overwhelming in the house.  With wet paper towels in hand, my wife and I tried our best to get it off of him. It was a nasty mess!

We didn't know when he could have a bath since it wasn't warm enough outside. He couldn't be bathed in the bathtub because of his fur going down the drain, potentially clogging our plumbing. So, finally a week later, today was the day we could bathe him.
My Sweet and I were watching one of our favorite TV shows, The Librarians, when our daughter came up with the idea of bathing the dog. Since it was warm enough, it could be done, but we didn't want to unwrap the spicket and hose down the dog and wrap it again. I came up with a solution in which I took four empty milk jugs from the garage and filled them up with water. We added dog soap in one to easily get the job done.

My wifey had to leave the show on pause as our daughter and I worked to get the dog cleaned. The Librarians were stuck in mid-jump from one time period to the next in suspenseful animation when the pause button was pressed. I wanted to rush to get back in there and finish the episode with my Sweet.
Outside, we had a stake in the ground with the dog tethered to it with a green leash. We had him scrubbed down and he took it like a frightened trooper with a few protests. When my daughter would holler for me, I would come with a jug full of rinse water.

By the way, the Librarians are OK--they saved the timeline.  All is well.

Whew!!



No comments:

Post a Comment