Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sock Hop from Hell

Sock Hop From Hell


Not to seem like I’m griping all of the time or ungrateful for this opportunity, but this seems too be too much for me. 

Back out to get more shopping carts, I saw that someone left the nasty little bit of their supper. Nasty! Nasty! Nasty! Old food in a styrofoam plate that would gross out a lesser man but still yucky! This was not the first time I had to clean up after someone’s meal in the parking lot. This was the third one tonight. I’m not counting the oh so many banana peals I have to touch. 

Oh look! There was a dog barking at me from inside a car. It was a flat nose curly tail dog protecting the car from strangers. I love to write about K-Dog so seeing this little guy was a great diversion. “You are doing a great job little dog!” 

Straightening several carts for the trip back to the store, I took another look at the wee fellow. “Dude! You have a sweater on.” It says, “Speed Demon” on the back. The windows are down about four inches but it is still eighty one degrees out. Who would do that to the poor dog?

Evening in the store parking lot and I am so tired. The music from the store radio has been bombarding my brain taking whatever mind I had void of anything but reverberations of the last song played. By now every step seems heavier than the last. I should sleep like a log tonight. That was until Dire Straits began playing “Walk of Life.” I use to really like that song.

There were more carts for me to fetch. I am all bruised up from fighting those abstinent nasty buggies. Interesting, not all of these carts are from Terry’s Supermarket. I saw the Target logo on some and one said Carnival. 

I have goals for the future that keep me going. The main one I kept thinking about was my three days to heal up before I come back for more. They say that I work too hard, I don’t know how not to. I have slowed down and bring in less carts at a time and they still say that I over do.

I saw an old friend from high school! Told him that I blog. “Lots of money in blogging!” I hope he is right. I love to do it. It wouldn’t hurt to get some money from it as well.

When I got home my insides were still chasing carts and dealing with trash. I was given a nice back rub. It’s amazing how much this act of kindness helps me to relax.

After a few TV shows we went to bed. Sleep was hard to come by with Stray Cats screaming their song, “Rock This Town” in both ears from the inside. I use to like that song too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment