Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Druid Incatation

Druid Incantation



It was a typical Monday morning. I woke up with a little more assurance of what day it was. I sat in the darkness of the office in my sleeping chair. I had been drifting in and out of consciousness for about an hour. Silly sweet dreams would come and go until I hear my sweet’s alarm.

“Ok, I hear it. Hold on till a light comes on.” I have gotten up after hearing her alarm just to find that she isn’t quite ready to get up just yet, so I wait. “I ain’t moving before I see a light come on.”

As I drift off again to the land of Snooze, a light comes on. “Good morning my sweet” was exchanged. I got up and searched through my morning cobwebs in my head to locate my duty roster for Monday morning. With the list firmly in mind I head for the kitchen. By the time I get to the end of the hall way I forgot most of my list.

“Ok, today is Monday. Breakfast must be ready by six o’clock. “Where’s that dog? There he is.” Time to turn on the coffee pot, shut the back door, feed the puppy, freshen his water, and check the temperature out side. I checked the weather app before I left the office but that was the other end of the hall way and I had long sense forgot what it said. “I wonder if we will have K-Dog outside when we leave for school. It looks like it’s outside for the goofy dog.  The temp is in the fifties. Time to turn on the TV.”

“Well, it’s an English muffin breakfast sandwich day for sweet daughter. We can eat oatmeal.” The coffee was ready so I got my first mug of wake me up. “What was the temperature outside?“ I went to the phone to see if we can leave K-Dog out when we leave. I log in and find the app while the news continued playing on the TV. I looked up after I consulted my app just to see that the weather forecast was half through.

After breakfast and clean up I went to get K-Dog ready to be outside. I went out to get his backyard water bowl. YUCK! A spider web got me right on my forehead and it was in my hair! It reminded me of when we had just moved in. Every spring there would be a huge spider web and one scary spider in the middle daring us to come out the door. That web was big enough to snare a wildebeest and that spider could eat one in no time flat. We haven’t had one like that in years but it was every spring for a while. 

I went back into the  house to get fresh water for, “YUCK!” I went through that spider web again! “I know I feel something crawling through my grey fluffy locks but I can’t do anything about it right now.”

With K-Dog’s water in hand, I went back out. By now I was watching for the web but it still got me a third time. I sat his water bowl down and looked for a stick. It was time to do battle with that spider web! With the stick in had I wave it in circles around the door and to the left and over here… “What are you doing? It looks like you are doing some kind of Druid Incantation. ” came a sweet voice from inside the door. “I am  getting rid of a spider web, My Sweet.” then she asked, “Don’t you think it’s too cold to leave him outside?”

We set him up in the den and headed for school.


No comments:

Post a Comment