Monday, April 25, 2016

Grin and Giggle

Grin and Giggle


Well, I am so glad that I have found a new job. Albertson’s didn't scheduled me enough hours so I went to Terry’s supermarket. I think that they like me a lot better there anyway. I am scheduled in one day as much as Albertson’s scheduled me for a full month. Now we can buy groceries again.

Terry’s customers and employees mostly speak Spanish. It can be a bit frustrating but it’s not so bad. I simply ask them if they would like some help and they grin and giggle and say, “No English.” That is no big deal. I just nod and go about my duties. I asked another worker about something, he grinned and giggled and said, “No English.” Oh well I can’t help that.

The store building is in very poor structural shape. I could go into detail but it may be better that I don’t. The carts are not in much better shape ether.

Back on the front of the store I started bagging again. The managers watched as I took assessment of size ratio of the orders as well as how fast one will be ready to bag over another. Once things slowed down I headed out to bring in the shopping carts from the parking lot. I was pushing as many as eight at a time. I learned that it was more than I should handle. Now I push only four to six. I can push that many without getting hurt.

 A tall big man with his family with a good sized order came through. I bagged for them as I would for any other’s. When I got it all bagged and into a cart I asked, “May I carry it out for you?” His wife smiled at him and said, “Imagine this itty bitty man taking our groceries out for us?” 

Yes, I am a small man. It doesn’t bother me to be five foot and two inches tall. It didn’t bother me when it is pointed out like that either. I thought it was funny. Why not? We pass through this life one time. It is more fun to laugh than it would be to look for excuses to be offended. 

There are a good plenty of other things that I would rather be doing than working back in the grocery industry. I had thoughts of buying a pressure washer and hire out to wash sidewalks. My wife could help me line up clients. I thought about blogging as a means of making income. My wife can research and write about something in a niche as I write my stories. Working with my wife in some way of another has been a dream of mine ever sense we first got married.

We have even tried MLM. We were not successful in that at all. So often MLMs people are cultish. I don’t know why they are that way. They don’t have to be. 

Flea markets would be fun to work at. Buy product and sell for a profit. We could make enough in that in a day rather than a month at a job. I could wash sidewalks, work flea markets and maybe work in a MLM through the flea market. As it is, customers come to me and ask me something in Spanish, I just grin and giggle and say, “No Español.”


No comments:

Post a Comment