Thursday, March 3, 2016

Baywatch


Baywatch


It is so nice that the weather has gotten warm enough that I can sleep in the den again. K-Dog can wake me when he wants out. My sweet gets a break that way.

We headed to bed after TV time. Everyone was tucked in. I got my fill of conspiracy videos earlier than usual. I was tired and ready to sleep. My usual comfy spot didn’t look welcoming enough so I went to another chair.

I turned out the lights looking forward to the nightly visit of the sand man. We could all rest easy. I saw K-Dog at his post looking out the bay window from atop the couch. Yes, you could say that he was on bay watch. He is ready for anything. Even a company of Storm Troopers can’t get by this dog. Lets just hope for a non eventful night. 

Sitting there with my favorite blanket. It’s a Disney sleeping bag that we bought many years ago for one of our daughters. Funny, she out grew it and now I use it. Little mermaid swimming a sea of pink while warming Paw Paw.  

I didn’t know quite what it was that kept waking me up. It wan’t K-Dog this time. At last I knocked out real good. I dreamed that I was a lumber jack because there was a loud saw off in the distance. Later, I was told that it was my snoring. 

My sweet woke me in the night. “Where is K-Dog? What’s going on?” She had been up thirty minutes. My snoring was so loud that I didn’t know the dog wanted out. “Terry! There is something out there.” I got up and found my shoes and staggered out into the back yard. K-Dog was out back, frantic over something he saw. Cautiously I approached a steep drop-off at the far back of the yard.

Yup, there is something on the neighbor’s fence across the alley but what is it? I hope it isn’t a possum. It is that time of year, you know. Those nasty things are bad news. Getting a closer look at the critter on the fence and I saw its beady little red eyes. That is a possum alright. Good thing K-Dog saw that.  Next trick is to keep that out of the yard. It looks like it is going for an other neighbor’s chickens. “Should I go and warn them or is it worth battling the language barrier at one o’clock in the morning?”

“Come on Dog. Lets get back in the house.” He did a good job. K-Dog is vigilant and I do appreciate that quality. He goes over board at times but he warns us of potential danger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment