Friday, March 18, 2016

With 3 Babies on Her Back

With 3 Babies on Her Back


While sitting down at breakfast we heard K-Dog in the back yard. He was going crazy barking at something. “Ok, I’ll go see what he’s barking at.” I opened the back door and headed his way. Oh! Brother!! “There is a mamma possum on the neighbor’s fence with three baby possums on her back!”  My sweet called back, “That means that there are four around here that we know about.”

Sweet daughter said that we should call Animal Control. I called them three years ago when the possums were real bad then. They haven’t come yet so why bother?

“Come on goofy dog! Let’s get back in the house.” The mamma possum stayed still while K-Dog was telling her off. When he looked away long enough she would take a step or two. Eventually she made her escape. “Come on! Let’s get in the house.” No use to letting my oatmeal get any colder. I hope that was the last we see of the possums this year. I don’t like possums. They are mean, scary and carry nasty diseases. If I got rabies while taking my meds, I may turn into some kind of mutant. 

The last time I saw a possum on my neighbor's fence I wanted to alert them but have not been able to yet. 

==========================================================


No comments:

Post a Comment