Monday, March 28, 2016

Skunk in the Church House

Skunk in the Church House

Resurrection Sunday! Did you know that there are those who will only come to church for Easter? We may not get an other chance to reach them with the gospel. I don’t know if it mattered but I wore a tie. I wore black slacks, red button up long sleeve shirt and a favorite tie. I don’t usually get this gussied up. We come to church for Jesus and not to dress for success. 

We were met at the door with a shocking surprise. A skunk got in the building somewhere and got a bit excited.  We smelt its exuberance coming from the vents, down the hall and whosoever came in got the same greeting from every direction.

We toughed it out. You know what? The Sunday school wing was warm! We were so glad! I don’t mean to sound gripy, but even in the summer the place is kept so cold that you could hear sleigh bells in August. 

Our Sunday school teacher was so impressed that I wore a tie that he took my picture. It was a good thing he did that when he did, I guess.  It wasn’t long before someone turned the thermostat back down to thirty degrees below brrr. Good thing that I brought my jacket. From then on, no one could tease me about my tie. 

Sunday service was great. Our music minister was in rare form. The song service was filled with great songs of praise. We sang songs that clearly contained the gospel message even more than usual. Sweet daughter interpreted one song in ASL. It was beautiful. Paster continued his series through the book of Romans. No one left without a clear presentation of the good news.

It was so great that we forgot about the skunk. No one noticed before the dismissal prayer that somebody forgot about taking up the offering as well. I guess someone wanted to be sure they get to the cafeteria way before the Methodists.

   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment