Friday, December 26, 2014

December 26

Here we are, the day after Christmas. New Year's celebration just ahead and Christmas is pretty well in the rear view mirror. Most of it is anyway. We will see Santa in TV commercials on into January.
I am ready for 2015. I hope I am anyway. It's coming, ready or not. The thought comes around like every year, "What will I do different in the new year to make it a better one?" As every year I have high hopes and great ideas. It makes you feel better when you look at things optimistically.
Got to be honest about it though. Persistent health problems that come with life as you age remind me that I am not as young and able bodied, as I would like to be. As I look around the house I see the same deterioration expressed there. “How long will you live with that crack in your wall? Cracks are bad!” asked Nolan Ryan on a TV commercial. Every home repair show reminds me of stuff we have to get fixed. Every fitness commercial reminds me that I need to do something to drop about 100 pounds.
Soon my sweet will get up. She had a rough night. The dog had her up a lot and she has an injury caused by crocheting too much. Christmas was coming on and she was determined to crochet gifts for a few loved ones. When she gets on a project she won’t let go till it is finished. Some projects should be done a little at a time.
I took her to the hospital a week ago. The doc gave her a sheet of recommended exercises, a cortisone shot and 2 prescriptions. The first time she took those pills it knocked her plum out. Now she suffers 3 hours before they kick in. I want to get her to our regular doc.
It was about 7:00. Time to get up for me. Heard the dog barking at 5:30 so I had gotten up to let her sleep. He went out, came back in, he went back out... We heard cats near the window. I’ll fix that. While I had him closed out where he couldn’t get back in I took a pitcher of water out to douse the cats. Don’t worry about the cold. I think it is in the 60’s this morning. They were gone anyway. Got the trash out and I checked my blood sugar already this morning. (112) Had my first coffee. There are a handful of pills waiting for me too. Time now is 8:11. She and the dog are sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment