Monday, May 9, 2016

Be Nice Paw Paw!

Be Nice Paw Paw!


One of my favorite sayings is this. “Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” 

One of my favorite verses from the Bible is:  Ephesians 4:32 “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” 

However there is an extent to which I have a harder time about being “kind.”

Maybe you can identify.

The other night a cashier, at work, got her feelings hurt because some jack-donkey said something ugly to her. I founder her soon after this. She was crying on one of the aisles. I wanted to ask, “Need a hug there cupcake?” That was when I had to remind myself, “Be nice Paw Paw!” and just asked her the question that the manager wanted me to ask and get back to work. 

Face it! There are those who will say things that are hurtful. It is up to us to decide if we want to allow this to hurt us or not. I can tell you right now, as a short man, I have been told plenty. Some people were being ugly.  Others were just “teasing” me. I have to shake my head the ones who were just plain stupid. I was in line, not long ago, in a gas station minnie store, standing behind just such a one. This dude had a moral obligation to let me know that I was short. Did he think that I didn’t know that? He turned around and said, grinning ear to ear, “They almost made you a midget!” I just looked down, shook my head and laughed to myself. If I got as upset as she did every time someone thought that I needed to be told that I am short I would be in the nuthouse today.


You have to know when to be tenderhearted and when to be tough-skinned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment