Friday, August 12, 2016

Rapture in the Dairy Department

I am working hard at Terry’s Supermarket. Some like to sit at a desk and work in an office. That is not for me. I much rather be physically active. I walk almost 30 miles a week at Terry’s. With all of the weight that I have lost the doc should get me off of a lot of meds. All of my britches are way too big for me now. Soon I will have to pray in a new wardrobe. 

What I like best at Terry’s is working in the perishable department with the milk, eggs, yogurt and juice… I can keep things filled and fresh.  All by myself, I can think about things. Hardly anyone talks to me as I work so I am free to reminisce and think about all kinds of stuff.

The other day I was thinking back remembering hearing preachers preaching about the rapture and saying, “What will the Lord catch you doing when the rapture happens?” Well, that is a good point. Some preachers are very good at getting everyone to feel guilty and down right awful. They would use the rapture to frighten us kids into obeying the preacher. Many in the congregation would walk the aisle to get forgiven again and they would promise to do better. The guys better have their hair cut and the young ladies had better not be waring pants. Don’t let God catch you in a theater! Looking back on it now it seems so goofy. I hate legalism. Legalism promotes fear and extinguishes faith. 

Not to be taken lightly. The rapture will indeed happen and it my be very soon. How scary it will be for those left behind to face the tribulation period. The rapture is when all of the Christians are removed from the planet and things go very bad for everyone who is left behind. Don’t be left! If you want more information about this, just ask me. I am no expert but I will help you all I can.


What will the Lord catch you doing when He comes? As for me, I will probably be checking the dates on the yogurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment