Monday, February 15, 2016

Insult to Injury

Insult to Injury 

I was “admiring” our front yard as we backed out of the driveway headed for my doctor’s appointment. You should see the dandelions!  Funny thing is that it prompted me to rewrite a part of an old Beetles song. Do you remember Strawberry Fields? Here is my rewrite.

I'm going to mow that down!
Yes I'm going to! 
Dandelion field, 
No curb appeal,
 and fuzzy seeds fly all about! 
Dandelion field forever 

Today was the day I went back to the urologist. The news was not as good as I was hoping for. My salt count was way up. Apparently I have not been drinking milk as I should have been either. He wants me to have the right balance. I suppose too much and too little are both bad. Doc said that I am getting a good amount of water. That was about the nicest thing he said  to me today.

What do I have to look forward to now? I am scheduled for more study and an ultra sound. Is there another operation in my future? I sure hope not!  Come quickly Lord Jesus!! 

On the way home from the doctor’s, we took the opportunity get some gas. Sixty degrees is a bit cool and I was in a t-shirt. No problem, I could handle it. As the gas was pumping, cool wind blew all around me as I washed the windshield. The old squeegee left streaks but I managed to get the glass cleaner than it was. This is the time of year that West Texas comes over and we get dirt all over the windshields. “Would you like a receipt?” asked the pump as I hung the nozzle. I selected “Yes.” I always get the receipt. “See Cashier” Great! Dandelions taunted me on the way out, Doc had bad news, now I have to go in to get that receipt. What else can go wrong?

I walked into the little building where the cashier sat behind bullet proof glass. The warm sunshine felt great coming through the window behind me. The man ahead of me was a bit taller than I am. Most are. He turned around and smiled when he saw me, “You was almost made a midget weren’t you?!” I just looked down, shook my head and laughed it off.

When I told my sweet in the car, she got angry with him. What can I do but laugh it off and go about my business?

Back home at last, we got out of the car and headed for the front door. Before we got to the porch we were attacked by dozens of dandelion seeds hitting us in the face.  


Have a nice day…

No comments:

Post a Comment