Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Illusive Hundred Dollar Bill

The Illusive Hundred Dollar Bill


Today was one of those days that I worked on the front of the grocery store. Greet the customers, bag the groceries and gather the carts filled my day. 

For years, working for a grocery store, I have wondered about something. Their has been times when I had found coins or even a dollar or two here and there in the parking lot. One time I found a twenty! When the lottery scratch off cards began to be sold, I started looking for discarded ones that were winners. Some people will stand in line to get one and not read it well enough to know that they won anything. Now that I am back at it, once again I wonder how likely it is that I could actually find a hundred dollar bill. This store is near a bank. When the wind is just right something could happen by. Chances are that if someone’s hundred dollar bill blew my way I would give it back to the one who dropped it. On the other hand, if no one came looking we could keep it. One day, long ago, a lady tipped me a ten dollar bill. Her husband got angry with her over it. It was a mistake. She came back to trade me a dollar for that ten. Easy come, easy go. Later she was back a third time, “My husband said that if I gave it to you that it belonged to you and that I shouldn’t ask for it back.” I got my ten back. Here is another thought.  What if a drunken so-in-so tipped me a hundred and staggered off not realizing it? 

Believe you me, a hundred dollar bill would be a great help to the budget. Everyone is needing more money. For us the budget is tighter than Dick’s hatband every month. I have no idea how tight it was for Dick but I am thankful for the overtime pay that I got this week! It helped big time. Overtime work is a killer but I pray for more. We have only a few months until things are no longer this way.  What is it, four more payments? 


No comments:

Post a Comment